Luis' shorts Re: iPhone hacking Re: [FoRK] Thinking of taking an iPhone on an international trip?

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Fri Sep 14 09:46:26 PDT 2007

On 9/14/07, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:

> Can I submit pictures of the eating from the last time I said such a
> thing and lost? :)

(grab and watch, much goodness in these bits)

http://www.greylodge.org/gpc/?p=325

"There is a long history between US documentary maker Errol
Morris<http://www.errolmorris.com/>and German filmmaker Werner
Herzog <http://www.wernerherzog.com/main/index.htm>. Studying under Herzog
at the University of California during the 1970s, Morris pitched an idea for
a feature documentary called *Gates of
Heaven*<http://www.errolmorris.com/content/review/gates_ebert.html>about
eccentric pet cemetery owners. Herzog, his then professor and mentor,
stated that if a documentary was ever made on such an obscure subject he
would eat his shoe. Years later, after Morris completed *Gates of Heaven*,
Herzog, true to his word, ate his own shoe, an event that was immortalised
on celluloid by Les Blanks.

While eating the boiled shoe, Herzog carries on a dialogue with the film
premier audience on film, art, and life."

-tomhiggins