[FoRK] Re: An armed society... (freakin' Canada.)

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Sat Sep 15 12:06:05 PDT 2007

On 9/15/07, Ian Andrew Bell <hello at ianbell.com> wrote:

> What I am attempting to alert readers to is the accelerating decline
> of American (and American-style) civilization, the blame for which
> can be laid largely at the feet of America's wealthy and greedy.

If you think it sucks from the outside, lordy you have to come back for a
month or so in some suburban setting to really get that last-days-of-rome
feeling. The institutionalized slothness, the fatal  hubris of being  once
but now being less, the self deception and interpersonal co dependencies we
have all but mandated.

We are a nation that a few decades ago was looking towards the stars but who
are now firmly affixed on our own national snuff film.

Its not all bad though, the next generation should be real and truly pissed
off enough to either do something about it or tear the whole shit house up
in some great booming bash.

-tomhiggins