[FoRK] Re: An armed society... (freakin' Canada.)

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Mon Sep 17 11:45:10 PDT 2007

  Sympathizing with Ian, (wealth distribution IS a problem,
  in my book,) and agreeing substantially with Jeff Bone,
  I want to chip in:

  * The problems of racism, sexism, classism, nationalism,
    economy, environment, government, and a host of other problems, ...
  * ...are so vast, so distributed, so inter-connected, that
    no single inquiry or plan can possibly strike all elements.

  * Rather, only a global mass movement,...
    (not a single relief-aid effort, community building exercise,
     or even community-corporate-government cooperation ...)
    ... has the power
    to resolve our inter-connected problems.

  * This means precisely the opposite of all people everywhere
    thinking the same way, and getting on the same page.
  * It is *BECAUSE* the problems are distributed and web-like,
    that the answers and response must be distributed and web-like.

  * So what does this mean?
  * Swear allegience to Life, more complicated & interwoven
    & enormous than any individual's brain can wrap their
    theories or heart around, ...
  * ...and then get connected with efforts to work on or resolve
    things in the various spheres you can help with.

  This is what I have come up with, to date.

  Take care,
    Lion =^_^=