iPhone hacking Re: [FoRK] Thinking of taking an iPhone on an international trip?

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Wed Sep 19 15:07:49 PDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> On 9/13/07, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at radicalcentrism.org> wrote:
> > http://www.gearlog.com/2007/09/apples_joswiak_we_dont_hate_ip.php
> > > So to summarize: Apple will neither forbidnor support native code on
> > > the iPhone/Touch. They will not design software updates specifically
> > > to break native apps, but if the updates happen to break native apps
> > > or your native apps turn your iPhone into a rutabaga, don't go
> > > crying to Apple, 'cause it ain't their problem. Capiche?
>
> Apple may be saying that in public but I'll eat my shorts if their
> contract with AT&T doesn't require them to be actively working on
> solving the problem as we speak.

Note that they aren't even saying this in public anymore:

"It's a cat-and-mouse game," said Jobs. "We try to stay ahead. People
will try to break in, and it's our job to stop them breaking in."

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9037398&intsrc=hm_list

Jobs >> Joswiak