[FoRK] Re: An armed society... (freakin' Canada.)

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Wed Sep 19 19:48:36 PDT 2007

On 9/19/07, Kevin Elliott <k-elliott at wiu.edu> wrote:

> I think "World of Plenty" is a much better description of our world
> today than "World of Scarcity".

It is an amazing thought to ponder that a few hundred years ago most of us
would be serfs sucking up to the local masa and bowing knee to god and king
while only a percentage of the populace got educated.

Oh wait..isnt that now as well?

I keed I keed, well almost.

It is a Land Of Plenty when a good chunk of one nation's kids (I speak of
the US since thats the one I know best) are given the opportunity to an
education many would have killed for 100 years ago but instead opt to "ya
know just hang and stuff, don't be such a downer about homework and stuff"

We have passed Plenty here and are well into the Land Of Squanderous Plenty

-tom