[FoRK] Re: An armed society... (freakin' Canada.)

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu Sep 20 07:57:47 PDT 2007

On 9/19/07, Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> wrote:

>   You're using 50% less gasoline.  You're showing the world that you care
>   about the environment, and that it's cool to do so.  Perhaps more
>   valuably, you're showing yourself that you care- which will give you
> warm
>   fuzzies, and make you feel more generous and helpful.

You mean the Pious Effect?

>   (Ok, ...
>    Take a moment to wipe off the bits of Tom Higgins' brain;
>    I think it just exploded.)

Your a legend in your own mind Lion, walking in the goo of mine is a journey
I don't think your up for yet. Basho stick, whack. Nothing so far in this
thread is anything but rehashes of other threads we have had on the
topic(s), heck even South Park covered many of them. So the level of
mindblowingness, not so much. Keep trying though, Im glad to see you have
goals.

  I wonder if it's really *society,* that is doing the valuing.

Global, Local, Peers, Leopluradons?? If you are going to be nit picky on
terms lets nail it down proper. Who or what are the body society that are
the arbiters of value?