[FoRK] Re: An armed society... (freakin' Canada.)

Ian Andrew Bell <hello at ianbell.com> on Thu Sep 20 08:36:27 PDT 2007

The economic advantages of using robots don't play out when your
labour cost is $100/mo.  I would suggest that the US is sliding
towards China (amnesty for underpaid lower-caste immigrants from
Mehico to fuel the U.S. stubbornly clinging to the notion it's a
manufacturing nation) rather than the other way around.  Japan only
got into robotics when their labour costs climbed as the economy
prospered.

"Harness Natural Resources" is an oxymoron.  We must learn to live
within ecosystems, rather than attempting to control or replace
them.  And if American society is our shining beacon of the benefits
of human intelligence then we're all in trouble.

~165,000 people die EVERY DAY of hunger on this planet.  How can
anyone describe it as a land of plenty?

-Ian.