[FoRK] Re: An armed society... (freakin' Canada.)

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu Sep 20 09:06:41 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Ian Andrew Bell <hello at ianbell.com> wrote:

> ~165,000 people die EVERY DAY of hunger on this planet.  How can
> anyone describe it as a land of plenty?

I think it is easy to say its a Land Of Plenty, only its also a land  of
Fucked Up Distribution Methods.  Whats the old  chestnut,..."If Mama Cass
had given Karen Carpenter half a ham sandwich they both might still be
alive". Crude but illustrative of the situation.

Parts of the world are floating in the abundance of calories while other
parts cant get boxes of basic food stuffs from UNICEF past armed militias
and local strongmen asking for bribes.

Im sure someone here will do the math for this thought, I gota go change a
diapy.

-tomhiggins