[FoRK] Re: An armed society... (freakin' Canada.)

Kevin Elliott <k-elliott at wiu.edu> on Thu Sep 20 11:34:52 PDT 2007

Which part?  That American subsidies are mostly an artifact of
federal politics crossed with special interests, or that European
subsidies are mostly driven by pastoral fantasies?

I don't have any special knowledge about Europe's AgriPol, so I'd
love to hear what drives that.  In terms of America, I think the
subsidies are so incredibly weighted to corn/wheat/large
agribusiness  that it's hard to see how it _could_ be anything other
than special interest capture...