[FoRK] Re: An armed society... (freakin' Canada.)

J. Andrew Rogers <andrew at ceruleansystems.com> on Thu Sep 20 12:00:32 PDT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 11:31 AM, Ian Andrew Bell wrote:
> How many famines were there in Africa before we showed up and
> forced nomadic peoples to stop moving around (by drawing arbitrary
> borders) and to live sedentary lifestyles, farming (or trying to)
> and fucking instead of hunting and thriving?
>
> Somehow they lived there for fucking millenia without slaughtering
> one another, without enhancing desertification, and without
> starving to death.  Maybe they have something to teach us, for a
> change?

World Bank and IMF aside, you must be working from a very strange
version of pre-European African history that bears no resemblance to
the one everyone else uses.

J. Andrew Rogers