[FoRK] Re: An armed society... (freakin' Canada.)

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Thu Sep 20 12:20:52 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 11:34:52AM -0700, Kevin Elliott wrote:

> Which part?  That American subsidies are mostly an artifact of
> federal politics crossed with special interests, or that European
> subsidies are mostly driven by pastoral fantasies?

I'd like to know where you're taking your pastoral fantasy bit, but,
then, I have no fucking idea what my co-countrymen think. (Assuming,
they do think, which is not at all obvious).

> I don't have any special knowledge about Europe's AgriPol, so I'd
> love to hear what drives that.  In terms of America, I think the

Um, a strong lobby?