[FoRK] Faith-based currency in 'Jesusland'

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri Sep 21 08:37:12 PDT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 3:43 PM, Tom Higgins wrote:

> On 9/20/07, Rohit Khare <khare at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> The dollar also fell against other currencies, reaching parity with
>>> the Canadian dollar for the first time since November 1976. One
>>> U.S. dollar now buys one Canadian dollar.
>> http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/business/AP-Dollar.html
>

> Responding to concerns over a possible recession, Bush said this
> morning,
> "You know, you need to talk to economists. I think I got a B in
> Econ 101. I
> got an A, however, in keeping taxes low and being fiscally
> responsible with
> the people's money."
>
> http://thinkprogress.org/2007/09/20/bush-econ101/

Apparently he got an F- in "understanding what common terms and words
mean."  Small reminder, here's (just one example of) Bush's idea of
fiscal responsibility...  Summary of the OMB federal budget line-item
for the "Office of the Executive" for recent years in non-inflation-
adjusted $millions:

   1993:  194
   1994:  231
   1995:  215