Luis' shorts Re: iPhone hacking Re: [FoRK] Thinking of taking an iPhone on an international trip?

Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze at gmail.com> on Mon Oct 1 14:01:39 PDT 2007

On 9/28/07, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> For instance, at some point I finally paid for a full license for
> Quicktime to have an official encoder.  Every update however disables
> the encoding capability, tying your ability to encode to your ability to
> decode the newest versions of video on the web.  A reasonable company
> would have lifetime licenses or prevent you from feeling like you are
> being fleeced as often as they can get around to it.

Me too.  I bought one once and had it invalidated within a couple
months.  Never again.

What I don't get is why Apple worshippers forget getting burned every damn time.