[FoRK] W3C sponsor, AI / supercomputing Ph.D. program, Silicon Valley

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Thu Oct 4 13:23:27 PDT 2007

I am half interested in law school, but I would be unlikely to practice
as an attorney.  Maybe if I didn't have challenging technical interests...
Besides, I would lose standing in my bid to overturn the unlicensed
practice of law (UPL) statutes as unconstitutional! ;-)

 From my observations, I view it as one path to executive positions in
startups, excellent to have in various business / technical situations, etc.
It's just another skill and certification, right?

sdw

Jeff Bone wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2007, at 11:36 AM, Luis Villa wrote:
>
>> On 10/4/07, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>>
>>> More useful than an MBA or yet another JD, but that's beside the
>>> point... ;-)
>>
>> Hey, I resemble that remark ;)
>
> No offense intended.  "Some of my best friends are lawyers."
>
> ;-)
>
> jb

Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 20147 AIM: sdw