[FoRK] W3C sponsor, AI / supercomputing Ph.D. program, Silicon Valley

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Thu Oct 4 13:54:26 PDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> I am half interested in law school, but I would be unlikely to practice
> as an attorney.  Maybe if I didn't have challenging technical interests...
> Besides, I would lose standing in my bid to overturn the unlicensed
> practice of law (UPL) statutes as unconstitutional! ;-)

You could always fail the bar ;)

>  From my observations, I view it as one path to executive positions in
> startups, excellent to have in various business / technical situations, etc.
> It's just another skill and certification, right?

Yeah, that was definitely part of my interest, and I actually looked
hard at the JD-MBA. The thing is that you can fake the business
knowledge; you can't really fake the JD ;)

Luis