[FoRK] Re: Message to Apple: resistance is futile!

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Fri Oct 5 12:32:52 PDT 2007

> On Oct 5, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:
>
> > Prediction:  Apple could get ahead of this by installing something
> > like Tripwire in the future, but if they do that then they're going
> > to lose their most motivated and valuable customers.  That
> > segment's (clearly) willing to tolerate some small amount of
> > shenanigans as a necessary charade on Apple's part to keep AT&T
> > happy, but there's a limit...
>
> Sorry, missed the prediction part of this:  "...so they won't do that."

Why not? There is no sane reason for them to go as far as they already
have; they've already pissed off (and pissed all over) the loyal
customers; so why not take the next (equally irrational) step? I'm not
sure they will, but betting on Apple's rationality in this regard
seems likely.

P.S. Ernie, send a pair of shorts (or equivalent donation) to your
local homeless shelter. They need them more than I do.

Luis