[FoRK] Google age-discrimination suit

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Sun Oct 7 01:03:54 PDT 2007

Tom Higgins wrote on 10/6/2007 5:50 PM:
> On my end I have noticed blowing past the job descriptions that
> subliminally call for  20 hour day geek in a hamster cage  work
> environs more so than i was doing 10 years ago when i last looked for
> a job.
>
> The google case will be interesting to watch, manifestations of the
> Logan's Run principle in the worksphere and such as.

Interesting how? All Tech jobs have worked this way since... well since
tech jobs. Why won't I work 80 hour weeks for you and why won't you hire
me have the same answer.

For 30+'s not still living in their parents basements, it's all over.
You just cannot be naive enough to work enough to keep a tech job.
Luckily you're smart enough to now work for yourself.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/