[FoRK] iPhone SDK WAS: Luis' Shorts

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at radicalcentrism.org> on Wed Oct 17 10:41:18 PDT 2007

On Oct 5, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
> I'm not sure they will, but betting on Apple's rationality in this
> regard
> seems likely.

> P.S. Ernie, send a pair of shorts (or equivalent donation) to your
> local homeless shelter. They need them more than I do.

I think you still won the bet, so I will, but perhaps this means I
didn't entirely lose. :-)  Sure, the unlockers will still be upset,
but in a year or so when the iPhone is available in most major
markets I suspect not many people will care...

-- Ernie P.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/

Third Party Applications on the iPhone
Let me just say it: We want native third party applications on the
iPhone, and we plan to have an SDK in developers’ hands in February.
We are excited about creating a vibrant third party developer
community around the iPhone and enabling hundreds of new applications
for our users. With our revolutionary multi-touch interface, powerful
hardware and advanced software architecture, we believe we have
created the best mobile platform ever for developers.

It will take until February to release an SDK because we’re trying to
do two diametrically opposed things at once—provide an advanced and
open platform to developers while at the same time protect iPhone
users from viruses, malware, privacy attacks, etc...