[FoRK] Fwd: BREAKING NEWS: Bobby Jindal elected Governor of Louisiana + your reactions

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sun Oct 21 18:43:19 PDT 2007

On Oct 21, 2007, at 11:32 AM, Ken Meltsner wrote:

> Governor of Louisiana is a hard job in the best of times; with the New
> Orleans economic engine clogged with storm debris and barely turning
> over, it's probably the hardest job in the public sector right now.
>
> It'll be interesting to see how he deals with the traditional issues
> as well: race, corruption, poverty, the extreme split between NO and
> the rest of the state, race, the "unique" traditions (e.g. the
> Napoleonic Code), race, etc.  Oh, and race.

Long overdue to be sure, but --- can you believe LOUISIANA got there
first?!?!?  I mean, you can't write this stuff:  an "Indian-American"
Republican winning in Louisiana by running against corruption?
C'mon, pull my other one.

Perhaps this is spells a newer and brighter --- and less doughly-old-
white-boy --- future for the Republican party.

One can only hope...

jb