[FoRK] Yahoo portal - repeating new coke experiment.

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Fri Oct 26 08:37:55 PDT 2007

I gave up on much of what yahoo has to offer back when they turned
egroups into unusablegroups. I tried to use pipes but they had a nasty
bug that prohibited certain outputs from being created. I still have
an account there so I will go look at what its new jimmies are

Portals have always seemed to me to be about capturing eyes for ad
revenue, much of what functionality it offers wilts to that greater
"good". For myself I use some ad blockers and grease monkey such that
google offers a very usable experience.

As to the idea of an apple/google....
sing the chorus as it goes
power corrupts turns the best to  'hoes

(like, ya know, giving up names to government officials)
-tomhiggins