[FoRK] Leopard, ugh.

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> on Tue Oct 30 10:14:39 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 11:47:25AM -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:

> I haven't switched yet, but have played with it.  Is it just me, or

I've switched one machine. Don't like the new optics, but apart
from that things are okay. It will take a while to learn the new
features. Otoh, I'm reasonably happy with Gnome/Beryl, so I don't
expect the optics to be too annoying.

> is it starting to look a bit like Mac OS 8?  Greyscale menu bar,
> heavy borders on some system icons, etc.

The mass market asks for visible changes to drive new sales.
On the long run this wrecks the system eventually.