[FoRK] Politico Quandry

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Tue Oct 30 14:52:14 PDT 2007

> What's in short supply are answers. ;-)

I don't see it like that. I think there are some great answers to some
of the questions being asked, like transparency, campaign practices,
accountability, and  scalable democracy...its just that not enough
folks want to listen to the answers let alone entertain their use as
it would erode a power base, level of comfort, or perish the though
the status quo de jour .

Answers, they are a dime a dozen. We have had editorial columns,
usenets spools, comment sections of blogs, mailing lists and im logs
filled with more answers then not; its action thats the rare item.
Everyone has a reason why not, I got mine you go yours and we all
somehow muddle by for another 4 years until the unsightly zit appears
again and we either cover it up or simply change our world view so
zits are the height of fashion. Mea Culpa, I voted for Kerry last time
with nose held even then knowing I would regret it.

Action, thats the tough nut. How do we, in small and large ways, break
the nightmare cycle we seem to be suck in?

Hey, another question, I bet there is an answer in this list somewhere.

-tomhiggins