[FoRK] awesome firefox extension

silky <michaelslists at gmail.com> on Thu Nov 1 15:34:43 PDT 2007

note that this doesn't work, well, with the 'newer' releases of gmail
yet, and also it is actually supported by google because you'll notice
that by default it doesn't do anything to help your privacy. i do love
it though.

but i don't believe the cookie randomisation actually works.

for example, if i log in to gmail.google.com, it still recognises me
at www.google.com.AU (note country-specific domain). massive privacy
invasion, imho, and one of the reasons i've now moved to yahoo for
searching.

i'd be wary using this extension for any real privacy reasons ...

On 11/2/07, Sat N <sateesh.narahari at gmail.com> wrote:
> Might be old news to some of you, but when I found that I can block
> Google from building my personal profile, I had to try it.
>
> It also blocks Google ads, and Google analytics.  Get it before Google
> legal shuts them down.
>
> www.customizegoogle.com
>
> Wonder if this is developed using greasemonkey.

mike
http://lets.coozi.com.au/