[FoRK] Apple Chips

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Wed Oct 31 12:44:24 PDT 2007

I had not been doing my usual coffee hau rounds of late so when I
recently got a couple of emails asking why those cool linux apps/dapp
servers I had shown people how to use were no longer working with
apple itunes users I was stumped...for all of about 3 seconds. Yep,
according to the devs of banshee, amarok, rhythmbox etc etc the tale
is much as I thought. Apple has once again made interoperability
target one. A little bit of code and boom folks are cut off from each
other.....nice way to grow communities.

I am sure the devs will cat and mouse this back to working, after
which apple will sneeze and it will all suck again. Yes I am giving
the nod to the arguments I am sure to see stating its not Apple's job
to worry about third party app  devs on other platforms.sure sure but
if you want to fly that think differnt banner and grow communities of
use it is sort of probably a good thing to at least give a heads
up..or maybe not   I duno.

-tomhiggins