[FoRK] awesome firefox extension

Sat N <sateesh.narahari at gmail.com> on Thu Nov 1 15:47:16 PDT 2007

It might be detecting AU location based on your IP address, not
cookies. Yahoo is no different either, I went to my.yahoo.com without
logging in, and saw that they had local news for Denver - so, they
must have had figured it out from my originating IP address.

It would be cool if we setup VPNs around the world and fool these
location-based targeted ads. So, I can do searches while connected to
a VPN server in Africa, and not be bothered by Hoodia ads.