[FoRK] This Man Wants To Control the Internet

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Wed Oct 31 12:34:01 PDT 2007

Eugen Leitl wrote on 10/31/2007 4:17 AM:
> http://discovermagazine.com/2007/nov/this-man-wants-to-control-the-internet
>
> This Man Wants To Control the Internet
> Last year the Caltech team started operating a company, FastSoft, to market
> their protocol.

Longest article about something that doesn't mention it for 10 pages,
and then still has nothing to do with the title in a while. It must be
1999, woohoo!

On the other hand, it's a good thing we've been using these protocols
for 30 years (I can only say I've been doing this myself for 15 years),
or I might be worried about a patent or some other stupid thing. Luckily
saturating a internet stream is so trivial noone else bothered to bring
it up.

At least it's nice to see someone recycling, not nice to see that's
people at Caltech that should know better.

(I find myself hanging out in the circles of emeriti-grade professors a
lot these days, and we're all deeply frustrated that nothing new is
happening, but that everyone is claiming there is. Computer Science is
in deep doo doo, with almost perfect recycling rates it's only a matter
of time before the field is marginalized like theoretical physics and
big-M Mathematics.)

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/