[FoRK] OpenSocial

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu Nov 1 16:09:13 PDT 2007

I have seen the meme starting up in facebook text and on the web over
the last couple of days.
Then I read this.

"A bit about Open Social

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 by Dave Winer.

Standards devised by one tech company whose main purpose is to
undermine another tech company, usually don't work.
In this case it's Google trying to undermine Facebook.
And I don't think it's going to work.
What would be exciting and uplifting, a real game-changer -- Internet
companies giving users full control of their data.
When Google makes their announcement on Thursday, the question they
should be asked by everyone is -- How much of my data are you letting
me control today? That's pretty much all that matters to anyone, imho.
"

So is  this more  "Google Empire" building  or better ways to show
your self on the intertubes?

-tomhiggins