[FoRK] OpenSocial

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Thu Nov 1 16:24:47 PDT 2007

On 11/1/07, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:

> So is  this more  "Google Empire" building  or better ways to show
> your self on the intertubes?

As far as I can tell, this has nothing to do with showing yourself on
the intertube and everything to do with easier creation of network
effects for widgets which happen to interact with social networks. I
suppose if you're a creator of widgets that is nice, but I've seen
nothing that appears to be of actual substance for the rest of us.

I'd be very, very happy to be wrong on this, so please correct me if I am.

Luis