[FoRK] Got my Chumby invite

Ken Meltsner <meltsner at alum.mit.edu> on Thu Nov 1 17:11:20 PDT 2007

It's a cute little thing, about mug-sized, with wifi, a touchscreen,
and a little embedded computer.  Designed to provide a home for the
widgets that most people put on their iGoogle pages or desktop -- runs
Flash animations.  Also has a built-in accelerometer to figure out how
hard you just hit your alarm clock.

I received an invite to their store [1] (I signed up a while ago) and
now I need to decide whether to get one or not ($180).  eBay has a few
people scalping theirs for 50% or more above list price, so I suppose
the risk is relatively low.

Any thoughts?  Anyone actually see one of these in person? Pet rock or
the first of a new wave of gadgets?

[1] http://store.chumby.com/

Ken Meltsner