[FoRK] OpenSocial

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu Nov 1 19:10:08 PDT 2007

On 11/1/07, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:

> But I only show these things (as it currently stands) to other
> facebook users. Very uninteresting. I want to know when I can show
> them to myspace users, dopplr users, $OPEN_SOURCE_SOCIAL_NETWORK,
> *whereever people are*, without barriers.

I am not sure if 'without barriers' is exactly what it willbe but from
all I am scanning Open Social will be the way to do just that, an API
everyone can code to that uses html, css, whatever to render in a
browser and will, I hope I am reading this right, be able to be used
in or on other social sites that want to play along, which I think
means allowing the containers on their pages.

Whatever it takes to grow my werewolf army. Sorry about the trouncing Dr E:)-

-tomhiggins