[FoRK] awesome firefox extension

paul <paul at remsset.com> on Thu Nov 1 22:45:02 PDT 2007

Sat N said the following on 11/1/2007 10:05 AM:
> Might be old news to some of you, but when I found that I can block
> Google from building my personal profile, I had to try it.
>
> It also blocks Google ads, and Google analytics.  Get it before Google
> legal shuts them down.
>
> www.customizegoogle.com

<snip>

The site says "CustomizeGoogle is a Firefox extension that enhances
Google search results by adding extra information (like links to Yahoo,
Ask.com, MSN etc) and removing unwanted information (like ads and spam)."

Sounds good... however,
  [a] AdBlock Plus seems to manage Google ads and cookies just fine.
  [b] The extra info like links to Yahoo and etc. results /could/ be
useful if I *ever* bothered searching at Yahoo and etc.

Google just works.

I don't use Gmail.

Perhaps I'm an old fart?

paul