[FoRK] This Man Wants To Control the Internet

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri Nov 2 09:18:06 PDT 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 6:49 PM, Aaron Burt wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 10:04:45AM -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, read this a couple of days ago...
>>
>> Here's my question:  what exactly is it that this guy is into /
>> doing / etc?
>
> He's applying Robust Control Theory to routing protocols, basically.
> Great idea.  I can't imagine that many folks with significant exposure
> to Control Theory also do work in CS or IT.

Yeah, I still don't know that I buy that this guy's really had any
novel insight or has anything other than a sort of cheerleader-overview.

{Optimal,Robust} Control Theory is one thing.  We've got a couple of
guys here that occasionally go at it over OCT, and I've got a NASA
mission controller buddy w/ a PhD in aerospace who's into the
subject, but this guy's technobabble (per the article) doesn't track
like that --- it sounds more like a Hollywood script writer's badly
mashed-up version of said.  (Or maybe that's the interviewer's screen
that's totally distorting things...)

jb