[FoRK] Example for the forkwidgizmoid team...Fwd: [ptp-general] Facebook used for wifi access control

B.K. DeLong <bkdelong at pobox.com> on Fri Nov 2 12:57:02 PDT 2007

I haven't really dug into OpenSocial in any depth but is anyone
looking at the trust-relationships? Orkut lets you define
relationships but, from what I remember, does not let you set your
privacy accordingly. LinkedIn let's you define how you know someone
but is pretty binary with its privacy settings. Though even though I
have access to my contacts turned off, you can see who I'm connected
to in searches.

If someone were smart, they'd write an application that logs one into
their LinkedIn account, identifies which friends have contacts "turned
off", runs a series of automated searches by industry or geolocation,
aggregates those contacts twice removed from the user and see which of
those are connected through the friends with contacts turned off. ;)

and then there is Six Apart which, strangely, does not let you assign
relationships to your friends (Livejournal), but yet lets you create a
set of filters for who can see what posts.

Any sign that OpenSocial can include infrastructure for a Unified
Online Social Identity? And any hope for a deeper expansion into trust
relationships?

Please? For gods sake?

On 11/2/07, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/2/07, Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> wrote:
> > Off to write a Bubble 2.0 business plan,
>

> Here is a great app idea... email whitelists via socialnets friends
> list. Since google is spearheading the api it should be a doable
> thing.
>
> Anyone anyone  bueller?
>

> -tomhiggins

B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org