[FoRK] Re: [ptp-general] Facebook used for wifi access control

silky <michaelslists at gmail.com> on Fri Nov 2 14:29:40 PDT 2007

On 11/3/07, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/2/07, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> > Clearly someone needs to create a keyserv/opensocial pair which stores
> > your public key in your social network so that we can finally actually
> > make encrypted email easy.
>

> You say someone as if it could not be you...why be this?
>
> The real trick of getting folks to use keys is going to be getting
> them to generate them and keep them secure yet usable. Make a game out
> of it, give it a cute wrapper like werevolves or tomogatchis,
> fashionatize to ala apple?

hmmmm.

so lets say you have apple (or someone) generate ipod skins. those
skins are coloured and patterned on the basis of random input. they
would maintain a general structure so as to be appealing.

then, lets say that that generation could further save a key/cert on
their ipod, which is then used.

in the spirit of anonymimity, lets link the keys to the ipod (not the
person). then, we can just use that.

> -tomhiggins

mike
http://lets.coozi.com.au/