[FoRK] Back to... paper?

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Sun Nov 18 09:58:14 PST 2007

  Wow!  I really need to get one of those scanners for Saturday House.

  (I'm now referring to the scanner mentioned in:
   http://www.43folders.com/2007/11/06/palimpsest-guide-mostly-paperless-life )

  My method lately has been to carry project sheets with photocopies.

  I've found that most everything I get people interested in, that
  requires some commitment in action, I get interested in through
  material-world interactions.  This is where the paper comes in
  *REALLY HANDY.*  I'm extremely visually oriented, and I make
  heavy use of diagrams and drawings when explaining things to people.

  One of the projects is a mailing list replacement program, as per
  the prior conversation with Luis Villa.  I now have 7 testers, 2 programmers
  (including myself) working on it, and there's another programmer in
  the wings.  This all came about through material world interactions.
  If I just had a web page on the project, I doubt I would have had so much
  interaction, so quickly, with so little work on my own part.

  But I can't stop thinking about all those missed opportunities online.
  If I could just drop pages into the scanner, and have them appear
  on the web on the other side, with navigation between pages,
  individual url's per page, namability, and so on, ...