[FoRK] Back to... paper?

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Tue Nov 20 13:29:21 PST 2007

Don't you guys read everything I write? ;-)  (As I look over the 50
messages I'm behind..., since I am packing / filtering / scanning to move.)

That guy must have been reading my posts:
http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/Week-of-Mon-20070806/046184.html
http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/Week-of-Mon-20071015/046739.html
http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/Week-of-Mon-20071008/046727.html
And others...

And I'm very interested in the Kindle.  I sure wish someone would have
thought of me as a beta tester....!  I would be a very good reviewer and
tech tester.  It will be interesting to see how well I can convert my
scan PDFs to something usable.  After testing one, it my be my main gift
to children.

That's it, I'm publishing a blog, right after I move and get my new
mondo server colocated.  I'm going to back-publish various things like
this.  I imagine some kind of semantically linked and nicely structured
space.  We'll see if I can get it to gel yet to my satisfaction.

sdw

Jeff Bone wrote:

> Okay, so I've desperately been trying to rid my life of paper for
> years, and...  well, not succeeding.
>
> This evening after reading this:
>

> http://www.43folders.com/2007/11/06/palimpsest-guide-mostly-paperless-life
>

> I found myself looking at this:
>
>   http://www.livescribe.com/
>
> ...when a commercial for this came across the tube:
>
>   http://www.flyworld.com
>
> That kind of coincidence suggests to me that this is, perhaps, an area
> worthy of more attention than I've paid to it to date.
>
> Anyone have any experience with any of these (types of) products?  Any
> of these hackable?  Flyworld is all-PC as far as I can tell;
> Livescribe not clear.
>

> jb

Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 20147 AIM: sdw