[FoRK] Faith and/or Science dingding redux

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Wed Nov 28 10:04:15 PST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 9:55 AM, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I know it is a sad burlesque and try as we might we can not
> intellect this horror show away. Many of us are trapped in the
> nightmare of other peoples ideas of a loving god.

  And many of us are trapped in the nightmare of an isolating,
  cold, "let each fend for himself" God made of dollars.

  Love is without reason and rational, crazy and inspired in itself.

  I don't think the Greeks really believed in their gods, though I'm
sure some did.

  I think that they knew, or may have known, that they were interacting
  with living ideas.

  We're seeking stability and control, and the way we're seeking to do
  it is by worshiping at the alter of rationality.

  Why then, are we so lifeless?