[FoRK] His Not-So-Dark Materials

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri Nov 30 16:59:00 PST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 5:33 PM, Lion Kimbro wrote:

>   So, atheists, anti-sacreds, ...be gone;  Go back to telling us
>   that we're all just monkeys hurling dung at each other.

Why does it have to be this way?  This is the most infuriating bit of
this.  I GET that you don't get it, but I don't understand why that is.

Your point of view appears to be:  either life is ineffable, with
some vast, mysterious, supernatural, mystical quality --- or its
worthless.

Why?  Why isn't it just wonderful enough --- in itself?

I don't get the not getting it.

jb