[FoRK] Baseline for calling out the issue

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Sat Dec 1 21:50:55 PST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 1:59 PM, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lets take some groups and such and put them ot the test.

  I have two thoughts about this free inquisition, proposer...

  #1.  We should look for invisible groups.

  Because we know Invisible authorities and groups are often times
  more powerful than visible authorities.

    http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/hist_texts/structurelessness.html

  The "Evolution for Everyone" author argued that we should seek out
  the invisible groups, and used Objectivists as a first example.

  #2.  We should look first at ourselves, before we look at others.

  Are there any unaccountables locally?

  People who might be ignoring data from outside their kind?
  Can't take the time to understand data that doesn't meet
  their pattern recognition methods, for example?

  Any there any locally who give more respect to those who think
  similarly, over those who think differently?

  Are there any that are self-righteous-- belief in their own intrinsic
  moral superiority?

  Do we see any evidence of reliance on hatred of a shared enemy
  as a unifying force?

  Have we seen anything like this locally?