[FoRK] Snippets of Life - Mountain View, CA Edition

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Tue Dec 18 15:42:09 PST 2007

My only real trip to a day spa was, recently to Qua at Ceasar's in Las
Vegas. It is sexually segregated but clothing optional, especially at
the "Roman baths" at the entrance. There they have one of those nice
circular ceiling-to-floor continuous showers, plus tub areas that are
too hot, too cold, and just right. The former two have wall-based
waterfalls. Plus they have ceramic tile heated chaise lounges. Then
actual sauna, a super sauna that had visibility of about 10 in. and a
temp of about 140F, and a "snow room" that sprayed some foamy snow and
had a basin with ice cubes on demand.

It was all nice, but I couldn't help but thinking that someone in Vegas
should have thought of doing a coed version, or coed nights, or something.

sdw

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 08:51:32PM -0700, Sat N wrote:
>
>> Today, as I sit in a sauna room after workout in Denver, CO, a guy (
>> never met him) next to me says:
>>

> Is it true USians are clothed in sauna, and there are no mixed-sex
> saunas? I've just heard that a couple days ago, but couldn't believe
> it.

Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 94043 AIM: sdw