Confession Re: [FoRK] "Peace and Love"

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Thu Dec 20 18:31:12 PST 2007

(Suspending my own newish rule re:  Tiger Hasbro, just because he's
painted such an awesome target on the back of his clown suit...)

On Dec 20, 2007, at 6:48 PM, Lion Kimbro wrote:

>   My own thoughts:
>
>     I think that insisting that people use "The Kings English" or any
>     other particular set of meanings for words is oppressive.

Oh yeah?

Well..

Yabba dabba doo dah, and a kismet police procedural with dancing
prancing farcical nancies.  My arms have no founders, and my car goes
coffee when I squint.  Your hibbah jibbah aint habba da flabber
dabber, chumbawumba.  Epistemoff, well surely I did.  Not.  So.
Flexy flouncy, and my flux capacitor's stuck on FLOTSAM.

9-11?  Hello, I don't have an emergency!  No, please don't send anybody.

(What a COMPLETE piece of dain bramage, Mr. Hasbro!  Absolutely
fucking ridiculous!  OF COURSE words have to have shared meanings.
Otherwise, all exchanges have about as much actual content as the
above, which is NONE AT ALL except what you project on it, because
--- and pay attention, this is the cool part --- I didn't actually
*intend* any of it to mean anything.  But that's all hunky-dory with
you, given your solipsistic, one-way, receiver-takes-all theory of
hermeneutics.  Whee!)

Back to our regularly scheduled religious non-debate.

$0.02,

jb