[FoRK] ProjectFork: Create a geek colony

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Fri Dec 21 18:41:37 PST 2007

Hmmm, I do live in Mountain View now... ;-)

I have at least one friend who's in the Colony, in addition to FoRKers.
He was talking about inviting me, but it hasn't really come up.
I have a particular kind of introduction in mind.  Some day perhaps.

sdw

Sat N wrote:
> It exists today. Its in Mtn View on Shoreline Blvd.
>
> The residents there get a free bike to go around the colony, have access to
> unlimited laundry, infinite pool, and chef prepared meals across the clock.
> When they want to see how rest of the civilization lives, there are wifi
> enabled buses that take them out to civilization. Its been said only few of
> them choose to take the bus to civilization, they would rather live within
> the colony.
>
> The current population of the colony is estimated to be around 4000.
>
> On Dec 21, 2007 5:16 PM, Russell Turpin <deafbox at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Why not? If artists can do it, as they have in many a town, why can't
>> nerds and geeks and technologists?
>>
>> It has to be on the ocean, of course.

Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 94043 AIM: sdw