[FoRK] ProjectFork

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Sat Dec 22 14:54:12 PST 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 11:18 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> And this is why humanity is doomed.

Ok who is forging Bebergs posts with Eugen's headers???

Seriously, I am well aware of what it takes to be a NonWankery
megabuck world changer and maybe that's not the playing filed everyone
aspires too. Im not pulling your chains any more than to express some
optimistic idea that the efforts put forth to rehash 10 year old
threads could well go into something a bit more lastingly fulfilling.
Maybe it comes through with nothing more earth shattering  than say
something like bookmooch, or Tuxdriod, or a better way to let non
profits organize tthemselves into the greater sums of their parts.....
but maybe ....just maybe....something more. Regardless it would be ,
imnsfho, a far shot cooler than rehashed threads.

Yes I am well aware of the free time constraints. I am raising 3 kids,
looking for a full time gig and working part time as a barista,,so yea
free time is a precious item...but again if I have the time to rehash
threads on fork and it there are many hands to make lite the load then
I am still optimistically thinking something can be accomplished. I
respectfully understand why others may think not and if enough think
not then this thread dies sooner than latter and I go do a rethink:)-
(or I could just keep rehashing it in much the same ways we have seen
some threads
here are done up....i keed i keed)

As for "What can little efforts produce, why bother?".....

Sure everyone would love to be Bono, but what about being Ian MacKaye,
or maybe its more like being a Balmer or being a Jenings , or slip in
whatever Goliath and Davidesque metaphor you want.

Bitwankery is a means to an end. Id love to hear what ends folks here
think need addressing that might benefit from the collective skill set
of those willing forkers. Or if there are ends that need no or little
bitwankery that might fall into the pool of skills of those willing
forkers....

See where its going?

If you think it sucks, that is cool maybe if things get rolling you
might find a way to help out. If not still cool, because a good strong
voice playing devils advocate is often a great way to make sure things
are not going down the rabbit hle so many of us know as good
intentions.

And as I pointed out, if this idea is pewp it will quickly die off as
a thread and you will see it no more as it is....market forces and all
that.

-tom(awake now and well into seasonal cookie production)higgins