[FoRK] ProjectFork

Sat N <sateesh.narahari at gmail.com> on Mon Dec 24 11:25:12 PST 2007

One of the frustrating things about coffee is that wherever you look, you
only find Starbucks. Whenever I ventured outside and tried a local coffee
shop, I generally find it to be much better tasting. The problem is these
local coffee shops are disappearing or becoming part of a chain.

So, how about creating a network of Independent coffee shops and create a
cooperative society for them -  the society can run a website with listings
of nearest independent coffee shop, offer a coffee card ( similar to
Starbucks card) that works everywhere, and handle common marketing and
promotional aspects.

The one thing that the coop should not do is to dictate the menu or beans or
methods of making coffee - that part should remain as unique as each coffee
shop.

I know this isn't going to change the world, but, hey, if you can help
people find decent coffee, perhaps they would be less road rage, less grumpy
people at work.