[FoRK] "Snorting a Brain Chemical Could Replace Sleep"

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sat Dec 29 14:58:27 PST 2007

On Dec 29, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Russell Turpin wrote:

> http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2007/12/
> sleep_deprivation
>
> A few months after this hits the market, I might give it
> a try. If Jeff Bone is still normal. Uh, weird. Uh, like he
> was before he started snorting it daily. ;-)

None for me, thanks!

Indeed, my needs in pharmaceutical supplementation for the purpose of
modifying sleep patterns would tend to run in the opposite
direction.  (Despite having tried modafinil out of curiosity *cough*
uh, I mean, for "shift worker sleep disorder" I would generally not
want or need anything to keep me awake.  The last couple of years
have been better, i.e. more "regular" sleep patterns and less
insomnia, than at any previous point since puberty, but I think
that's in part a side-effect of almost-constant low-dose use of
diphenhydramine for treatment of chronic allergies.)

jb