[FoRK] The Story Of Stuff

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Sun Dec 30 10:20:16 PST 2007

I came across this ( http://www.storyofstuff.com/ ) on one of my fave
sites (http://greylodge.org/gpc/?p=1243).

Plain speakingly cool with a nice overview of the problems with the
linear consumption economy this little bit of video goes a long way to
setting up a discussion on a plethora of topics.

As I watched it my 5 year old sat next to me and to my surprise did
not budge for the entire 20 mins. When it was done he had a couple of
questions. Any vid that does that gets my double digits up in review.

There are issues to be taken with some of it to be sure, but overall
its an effective bit of media that you and you and yes you should take
a look at.

-tom(maybe a similar stylistical item to frame the never ending
forktheoogy thread is in order?)higgins