[FoRK] materialism

Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze at gmail.com> on Sun Dec 30 12:53:44 PST 2007

> > From: jef at jefallbright.net:
> > > Even more philosophically, I would argue that by each action an agent
> > > demonstrates commitment to an ontology, albeit one that is necessarily
> > > incomplete and evolving.

I dunno, Jef, I think you're crossing layers.  It's true that one
could infer from my statement that I agree (or not) with your
description of the real world, but I wasn't making an assertion about
the nature of the real world.  What I am asserting is that atheism is
equivalent to believing in the real world.  I am also asserting that
religion of any kind is the same as not believing in the real world.