[FoRK] Terms - Practicing Science: Secular vs. Religious Ideology

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Sat Jan 12 02:20:58 PST 2008

This would be the problematic portion of this, I leave you to your
calculators and sensibilities:

"In this model, the probability of God's existence after the evidence
is considered is a function of the probability before times D
("Divine Indicator Scale"): 10 indicates the evidence is 10 times as
likely to be produced if God exists, 2 is two times as likely if God
exists, 1 is neutral, 0.5 is moderately more likely if God does not
exist, and 0.1 is much more likely if God does not exist. Unwin
offers the following figures for six lines of evidence: recognition
of goodness (D = 10), existence of moral evil (D = 0.5), existence of
natural evil (D = 0.1), intranatural miracles (prayers) (D = 2),
extranatural miracles (resurrection) (D = 1), and religious
experiences (D = 2)."

jb