[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> on Mon Feb 4 15:24:43 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 6:12 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
 I.e., it's
> the argument that got folks who don't go to bars and who otherwise
> don't give a damn about the issue to actually cast a ballot in favor
> of prohibition.

Or, you know, everyone who goes to fucking restaurants (that is, all
of us) have been sick of it for years, and maybe this is the logic
that let some spineless politicians cowed by the tobacco lobby to
listen to what the rest of us had been saying about clean air for
years.

In the privacy of your own airspace, by all means, smoke, drink, or
inject whatever the hell you want. But I try not to go on vacation to
places that still allow smoking in restaurants, much less live in
those places.

Luis (excited to visit the smoke-free Paris this summer, hopefully)