[FoRK] Welcome to the American Totality. You've been warned.

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Mon Feb 4 16:42:48 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008, at 5:24 PM, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2008 6:12 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>  I.e., it's
>> the argument that got folks who don't go to bars and who otherwise
>> don't give a damn about the issue to actually cast a ballot in favor
>> of prohibition.
>
> Or, you know, everyone who goes to fucking restaurants (that is, all
> of us) have been sick of it for years,

Oh, you know, that's a fucking load of horseshit because restaurants
EVERYWHERE have at least had smoking and non-smoking sections since,
oh I dunno, the dawn of history, and most have been completely non-
smoking in most areas for most of the adult lifetimes of most of the
people on this list.

Don't be a sore fucking winner.  YOU WON, got it?  You and the rest
of the busybodies WON.  Now just sit back and watch while that same
moral busybody attitude infects and ruins all kinds of other freedoms.

> In the privacy of your own airspace, by all means, smoke, drink, or
> inject whatever the hell you want.

What about my buddy Jimmy's right to smoke in the BAR HE OWNS, and /
or let his guests do the same?

> But I try not to go on vacation to
> places that still allow smoking in restaurants, much less live in
> those places.

Trust me, uptight anti-smoking puritans aren't welcome at Jimmy's
anyway...

jb